WHAT IS POPI?
- The PoPI Act is defined and inspired by the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, where it states that:
“…each individual has the right to privacy…” This right includes: “…the protection against unlawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of personal information…”.
WHY IS The PoPI Act IMPORTANT?
- The PoPI Act insures that organisations that intend to use citizens’ personal information do so through a process that is fair, responsible, and secure.
- You can receive a fine up to R10million and reputational damage if you are found not compliant.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ORGANISATION
Once an organisation controls personal information, it is their responsibility to take appropriate, reasonable, technical, and organisational measures to prevent it being accessed unlawfully by external parties.
CONDITIONS FOR POPI
- Condition 1: Accountability
- Condition 2: Processing limitation
- Condition 3: Purpose specification
- Condition 4: Further Processing Limitation
- Condition 5: Information Quality
- Condition 6: Openness
- Condition 7: Security Safeguards
- Condition 8: Data Subject Participation
STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME
Litha-Lethu Management Solutions, together with members of The Change Collective, can enable your organisation to become PoPI compliant.
- Change Management;
- Organisational Design;
- Strategic Planning;
- Human Capital Management and Development
- PoPI Health Check
- PoPI Action Plan
POPI HEALTH CHECK AND ACTION PLAN
- The PoPI Health Check identifies risks and potential threats in your organisation.
- The PoPI Action plan matches products, services and policies to the identified risks and threats.
- All done through a comprehensive and personalised change management assessment.
For more information,
contact us at:
- (T) +27 11 484 7739
- (E) email@example.com
Ensure necessary change occurs with minimal disruption, and yields positive, sustainable results.